21st Century Health Care Consultants employs a team approach to assisting individuals with opening new home health care agencies. We are focused on the critical issues of organizational performance, strategy development, licensure and accreditation, interim management, executive coaching, and the many other challenges agencies face every day.
Our New Home Care Agency Start-up Program is designed to assist and provide you with everything you need to establish your very own Home Care agency. You will be able to provide a wide range of health and social services to persons recovering from an illness or injury, or persons who are disabled and/or chronically ill. Our startup program will enable you to provide medical services such as nursing, social services, and therapeutic treatments (physical, speech, occupational therapy). We can also assist you with opening a Non Medical Home Care Agency providing non-medical personal and companion care services. This would include assisting patients with bathing, dressing and eating. Our start-up program includes preparing your agency to provide Home health services that can be purchased privately by an individual expending his/her own funds; being able to accept private health insurance patients as well as Medicare and Medicaid patients.
New Home Care Agency Start-Up Program
1. We complete all applications and paperwork requirements. Our new Home Care Agency start-up program begins with helping you choose the business entity that will best fit your needs. (Sole proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, S Corporation, C Corporation). We then complete and file all required documentation, obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS and register your business with Secretary of State in your state. We complete all the paperwork requirements for your state license. The recent and ongoing changes to licensing standards and regulatory requirements can make the startup process challenging. At 21st Century, we simplify the process and make it easy for you to understand. You provide us the application information, and we do the rest. Each state will have different certification requirements and processes. (This includes an in-depth description of planned operational policies, as well as the resumes and documentation of prospective employees’ professional licensing and criminal background screening.) You will then receive all license documentation completed and put in a binder for easy submission to your state for approval.
2. We complete the more extensive licensing procedures needed to become a Medicare, Medicaid or Private Duty Home Care Agency. This includes the CMS required 855a application and civil rights package.
3. We offer a very complete operational package. Our policies and procedures, Nursing Procedures, Patient admission packets, Personal files, Forms, Logs, In-service education plans, Patient teaching guides, Committee minutes etc. are customized to meet your agency’s needs. They are written specific to meet your States requirements, Medicare, Medicaid or Private Duty standards and Accrediting Body requirements. (Watermarked with your Agency’s name and logo).
4. We provide our agencies with start-up services are developed and customized specifically for your agency to be compliant with all state regulations and the regulations of Medicare, Medicaid or private duty requirements set forth by the Accrediting Body. We work with all three Accrediting agencies.
- CHAP, the Community Heath Accreditation Program
- ACHC, the accreditation Commission for Health Care
- JCAHO, the Joint Commission
5. We are the only consulting company that offers a lifetime training/support program.
- Preparation of your State License Application package
- Preparation of your Community Health Accreditation Program
(CHAP), ACHC, the accreditation Commission for Health Care or JCAHO, the Joint Commission requirements.
- State Licensure Inspection Assistance
- Consulting Services to enable you to pass your license inspection
- Preparation of your Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
- Preparation of your Bio-Waste Policies
- Preparation of required Committee minutes
- An invitation to visit our offices for pre-inspection training
- Preparation of any Plan of Correction required by the state resulting from their inspection
- Preparation of your Policies and Procedures, in compliance with State, Medicare and CHAP
- Administrative Policies
- Patient Care Policies
- Personnel Policies
- Financial Management Policies
- Outcome Based Quality Improvement Plan
- Infection Control
- Safety Management
- Emergency Disaster
- Job Descriptions
- Performance Evaluations
We keep you current with changing standards. (Lifetime of updates for Policies and Procedures)
- Forms Required for Agency Operation
- Preparation of your Medicare Application Package
- Preparation of all application forms and attachments
- Preparation of your Civil Rights package to include all required attachments
- A diskette of all Nursing Procedures
- Human Resources
- Personnel File Sections
- Job Descriptions
- Performance Evaluations
- Competency Evaluations
- In-Service Education Guides
- A diskette of 24 Home Health In-Services
- Preparation of Minutes for seven required Committees
- Board of Directors / Governing Body
- Ethics Committee
- Professional Advisory Group Committee
- Safety Committee
- Clinical Record Review Committee
- Budget Committee
- Quality Assurance Performance Committee
- Disclosure / Conflict of Interest Statements
- Medicare Accreditation Services
- Preparation of your Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) Home Health Self Study or
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), Preliminary Evidence Report.
- Preparation as per CHAP Standards of your agency Strategic Plan
- Capital Expenditure Plan and Three Year Budget
- Quality assurance audit of Clinical Records (when available)
- Ongoing telephone consultation
- One day on-site at your main location to review the CHAP / ACHC Accreditation process (As performed by the Accreditation surveyor)
- Individual instructions to staff
- Lifetime training support, offsite at our training facilities in Houston and Tampa
- Office Operations
- Personnel Human Resources
- Admission of Patients
- Bag Technique / Infection Control
- Chart Documentation
- Budget Committee
- Telephone consultation, support and assistance during the CHAP Accreditation site survey
- Mock Accreditation Survey performed at your Agency
- Preparation of Survey Plan of Correction if any
- Consultation after site survey
“We are only in the business of consulting and establishing home health care organizations.
“This lets us provide the very best education, training and support services for all our agencies. It not only assures that an agency gets its certification. It also insures that the agency is well-prepared to operate and be completely successful in the ever-changing health care arena.”
John Vincent, President